16 - 20 AUGUST 2017
KUALA LUMPUR FASHION WEEK READY TO WEAR CELEBRATES ITS FIFTH ANNIVERSARY AT PAVILION BUKIT BINTANG WITH FIVE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED DAYS OF FASHION EXHILARATION FROM 16TH TO 20TH AUGUST 2017
As you know by now, Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week Ready to Wear was conceptualized in 2013 as a platform for Malaysian designers to showcase their Ready to Wear Collections and highlight the creativity of our Fashion Industry to the local and international Consumers. On August 16, 2017, we will be back at the Pavilion Bukit Bintang for the fifth year in a row, and I can’t thank The Pavilion Group enough for their constant support and trust that they’ve placed in Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week!
Over the past five years, we have met many challenges, but we’ve never hesitated from our goal to continually develop the retail landscape for our local designers, and ultimately, succeeded our mission in placing KLFW as one of the most prominent and influential fashion platforms in Malaysia. As we gained more than 20 Million in Media Traction last year, we are able to translate that attention to capital for our local designers because KLFW is essentially an enormous Sales-Driven Marketing Campaign for our Malaysian Designers.
For the next five years, we have plans to unite further our ecosystem by starting different dialogues between manufacturers, textile and print experts and hopefully create a knowledge driven component to our main event to advance the competitive advantage of our fashion industry.
As exciting as all our initiatives can be, this would not be possible without the support from all the Partners and Friends of the Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week, and we are truly blessed to be at this moment where we see a revival of Malaysian Creativity and Innovation in the field of Fashion. And I would like to thank everyone that plays a part in this fantastic event.
And to our amazing guests of KLFW 2017 – keep shopping and keep our industry strong!
Key Highlights to look forward to at the festive KLFW RTW 2017 :
- KLFW RTW 2017 will collaborate with Amazon Fashion Week TOKYO and will be inviting ONE Malaysian designer to showcase in Amazon Fashion Week TOKYO 2018.
- The KLFW RTW 2017 on-ground campaign of #IAMHOMEGROWN was jointly conceptualized by FASHIONVALET & KLFW RTW 2017. The aim of this campaign is to instil pride and recognition of Malaysian talents in our Fashion and Creative Industry.
- The Grand Winner of the AirAsia Runway Ready Designer 2016, Anuruk Jaidee will be making his debut of complete Runway Collection 2016 at the KLFW RTW 2017
- In collaboration with Yayasan Noor Al-Syakur (YANAS) (http://www.yanas.com.my/), 6 young and emerging designers will be showcasing their reinvented collection of Batik in contemporary ready-to-wear fashion under the newly Fashion Forward Ready to Wear: Batik Kelantan segment.
- Dato’ Farah Khan (http://farahkhan.com/brand-dna/) is the founder and president of Malaysia’s leading luxury retailer, The Melium Group, and creative director of her eponymous label, Farah Khan. Farah Khan will be presenting her exclusive Runway collection for KLFW RTW 2017 in conjunction with her 10th Year Anniversary.
- KLFW RTW’s Initiative in partnership with Isetan KLCC, opens a pop-up store to celebrate Malaysian fashion industry and give local designer labels a boost in a big shopping destination; Suria KLCC.
- Cassey Gan (https://www.casseygan.com/), the recipient of BOF Enhancement Programme in Paris will be showcasing her anticipating collection in KLFW RTW 2017.
- Eclipse will be celebrating their 20th Anniversary in this year KLFW RTW. The collection for this year is inspired by the Layer Drawing series by Nobuhio Nakanishi.
- Our Official Make-up partner, Bobbi Brown will fly in TEN (10) professional make-up artists from around the region during KLFW RTW 2017. Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week Ready to Wear 2017 is made possible by the following sponsors and partners:
For further information about The Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week and press registration please visit: www.klfashionweek.net. For latest news please also join our Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/KLfashionweek.
SPONSORS & PARTNERS
SPONSORS & PARTNERS DIRECTORY
AB&ARTHO - http://www.abartho.com
ACQUA PANNA - https://www.acquapanna.com
AIRASIA - http://www.airasia.com
BLU INC - http://www.bluinc.com.my
BOBBI BROWN - http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com
BRANDAVISION - http://brandavision.com/en/
BRIC's - https://bricstore.com
CAFFE MARINO -
CLOZETTE - https://www.clozette.co
CONVERSE - http://www.converse.com.my
DIPTYQUE - https://www.diptyqueparis.com
EPSON - https://www.epson.com.my
EXTREME LIMOUSINES - http://limousine.my
FAHRENHEIT - http://www.fahrenheit88.com/
FASHIONVALET - https://www.fashionvalet.com
GALACTIX - http://www.galactix.asia
GAYA TRAVEL - http://www.gayatravel.com.my
GENTLEMEN'S TONIC - http://www.gentlemenstonic.com
GRAB - https://www.grab.com/my/car/
GLAM ASIA - http://www.glamasia.com
HILTON KL - http://life.hiltonkl.com/index.aspx
HIMALAYA - http://www.himalayaherbals.com
HOTEL ISTANA - http://www.hotelistana.com.my
ICE WATCH - https://www.ice-watch.com/be-en/?showpopup
KEK & CO. - http://www.kekandco.com
LAURASTAR - https://www.laurastar.com/en
LIFESTYLE ASIA - http://www.lifestyleasia.com/kuala-lumpur/
L'OREAL PROFESSIONNEL - http://us.lorealprofessionnel.com
MATIC - http://www.matic.gov.my/en/
MINDQUEST - https://www.mindquestproductions.tv
MODEFAIR - https://www.modefair.com
MY CREATIVE - http://www.mycreative.com.my
OMBRE - http://ombre.me
PARKROYAL - https://www.parkroyalhotels.com
PAVILION - http://www.pavilion-kl.com
PULLMAN - http://www.pullmanhotels.com
RAFFLES - http://www.raffles.edu.my
SAITO COLLEGE - http://www.saito.edu.my
SAN PELLEGRINO - https://www.sanpellegrino.com/intl/en/
THE WESTIN KL - http://www.thewestinkualalumpur.com
TOURISM MALAYSIA - http://www.motac.gov.my
TUNETALK - http://www.tunetalk.com/my/en
VIVO - http://www.vivo.my
WESTYLE ASIA - https://www.westyleasia.com
WOWSOME - https://www.wowsome.com.my
ZOUK - http://www.zoukclub.com.my