TRENDING NOW - INSTAGRAM
16 - 20 AUGUST 2017
KUALA LUMPUR FASHION WEEK READY TO WEAR CELEBRATES ITS FIFTH ANNIVERSARY AT PAVILION BUKIT BINTANG WITH FIVE HIGLY ANTICIPATED DAYES OF FASHION EXHILARATION FROM 16TH TO 20TH AUGUST 2017
Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week Ready to Wear was conceptualized in 2013 as a B-2-C platform for Malaysian designers to showcase their Ready to Wear Collections and ultimately highlighted the strength and creativity of the Malaysia’s Fashion Industry to local and international customers. Celebrating its fifth anniversary this year, KLFW RTW 2017 will present an exciting mix of designers in the Malaysian capital over 5 highly anticipated days. Close to 150 designers will be showcasing their never-seen-before “Runway Collection” exclusively at Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week Ready to Wear from the 16th to 20th August 2017.
Working closely with TOURISM MALAYSIA and our Preferred Travel Partner, AIRASIA, Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week Ready to Wear 2017 will be inviting SIX (6) International Guest Designers from China, India, Australia, Japan, Philippines and South Korea to facilitate a creative bi-lateral dialogue between our local and international designers and to promote the international growth of our local designers in the very near future.
To show that Tourism Malaysia is as fashionable as Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week itself, Tourism Malaysia has created a Fashion-On-Go OOTD Truck. This initiative is to encourage public to go on the truck and take an OOTD picture and upload it on social media with the official hash tags #RURunwayReady, #SayangMalaysia and #IAMHOMEGROWN; Lucky winners will stand a chance to win tickets to Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week and a way for the public to join the fashion festivities
As Kuala Lumpur embraces the creative talents of 150 designers during the main event, Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week Ready to Wear 2017 has been working behind the scene with AIRASIA for the AirAsia Runway Ready Designer Search 2017 to discover the creative talent of the future. The AirAsia Runway Ready Designer Search (AARRDS) goes regional this year with the competition expanded to include Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, the Philippines, Vietnam, Brunei, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia as well as from Malaysia to provide a platform for young aspiring designers from around the region to showcase their talents and help catapult them into the fashion industry. All 20 finalists from all 10 ASEAN countries will be competing during the Grand Finale of AirAsia Runway Ready Designer Search 2017 on the 18th August 2017.
Aireen Omar, Chief Executive Officer of AirAsia Berhad said, “There is so much talent in this region, and as a truly ASEAN brand, we want to expand this designer search to other countries apart from Malaysia. ASEAN also has a strong talent pool which we hope to help bring to the forefront of the fashion industry through this regional designer search.”
Key Highlights to look forward to at the festive KLFW RTW 2017 :
- KLFW RTW 2017 will collaborate with Amazon Fashion Week TOKYO and will be inviting ONE Malaysian designer to showcase in Amazon Fashion Week TOKYO 2018.
- The KLFW RTW 2017 on-ground campaign of #IAMHOMEGROWN was jointly conceptualized by FASHIONVALET & KLFW RTW 2017. The aim of this campaign is to instil pride and recognition of Malaysian talents in our Fashion and Creative Industry.
- The Grand Winner of the AirAsia Runway Ready Designer 2016, Anuruk Jaidee will be making his debut of complete Runway Collection 2016 at the KLFW RTW 2017
- In collaboration with Yayasan Noor Al-Syakur (YANAS) (http://www.yanas.com.my/), 6 young and emerging designers will be showcasing their reinvented collection of Batik in contemporary ready-to-wear fashion under the newly Fashion Forward Ready to Wear: Batik Kelantan segment.
- Dato’ Farah Khan (http://farahkhan.com/brand-dna/) is the founder and president of Malaysia’s leading luxury retailer, The Melium Group, and creative director of her eponymous label, Farah Khan. Farah Khan will be presenting her exclusive Runway collection for KLFW RTW 2017 in conjunction with her 10th Year Anniversary.
- KLFW RTW’s Initiative in partnership with Isetan KLCC, opens a pop-up store to celebrate Malaysian fashion industry and give local designer labels a boost in a big shopping destination; Suria KLCC.
- Cassey Gan (https://www.casseygan.com/), the recipient of BOF Enhancement Programme in Paris will be showcasing her anticipating collection in KLFW RTW 2017.
- Eclipse will be celebrating their 20th Anniversary in this year KLFW RTW. The collection for this year is inspired by the Layer Drawing series by Nobuhio Nakanishi.
- Our Official Make-up partner, Bobbi Brown will fly in TEN (10) professional make-up artists from around the region during KLFW RTW 2017. Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week Ready to Wear 2017 is made possible by the following sponsors and partners:
For further information about The Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week and press registration please visit: www.klfashionweek.net. For latest news please also join our Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/KLfashionweek.
SPONSORS & PARTNERS
SPONSORS & PARTNERS DIRECTORY
AB&ARTHO - http://www.abartho.com
ACQUA PANNA - https://www.acquapanna.com
AIRASIA - http://www.airasia.com
BLU INC - http://www.bluinc.com.my
BOBBI BROWN - http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com
BRANDAVISION - http://brandavision.com/en/
BRIC's - https://bricstore.com
CAFFE MARINO -
CLOZETTE - https://www.clozette.co
CONVERSE - http://www.converse.com.my
DIPTYQUE - https://www.diptyqueparis.com
EPSON - https://www.epson.com.my
EXTREME LIMOUSINES - http://limousine.my
FAHRENHEIT - http://www.fahrenheit88.com/
FASHIONVALET - https://www.fashionvalet.com
GALACTIX - http://www.galactix.asia
GAYA TRAVEL - http://www.gayatravel.com.my
GENTLEMEN'S TONIC - http://www.gentlemenstonic.com
GRAB - https://www.grab.com/my/car/
GLAM ASIA - http://www.glamasia.com
HILTON KL - http://life.hiltonkl.com/index.aspx
HIMALAYA - http://www.himalayaherbals.com
HOTEL ISTANA - http://www.hotelistana.com.my
ICE WATCH - https://www.ice-watch.com/be-en/?showpopup
KEK & CO. - http://www.kekandco.com
LAURASTAR - https://www.laurastar.com/en
LIFESTYLE ASIA - http://www.lifestyleasia.com/kuala-lumpur/
L'OREAL PROFESSIONNEL - http://us.lorealprofessionnel.com
MATIC - http://www.matic.gov.my/en/
MINDQUEST - https://www.mindquestproductions.tv
MODEFAIR - https://www.modefair.com
MY CREATIVE - http://www.mycreative.com.my
OMBRE - http://ombre.me
PARKROYAL - https://www.parkroyalhotels.com
PAVILION - http://www.pavilion-kl.com
PULLMAN - http://www.pullmanhotels.com
RAFFLES - http://www.raffles.edu.my
SAITO COLLEGE - http://www.saito.edu.my
SAN PELLEGRINO - https://www.sanpellegrino.com/intl/en/
THE WESTIN KL - http://www.thewestinkualalumpur.com
TOURISM MALAYSIA - http://www.motac.gov.my
TUNETALK - http://www.tunetalk.com/my/en
VIVO - http://www.vivo.my
WESTYLE ASIA - https://www.westyleasia.com
WOWSOME - https://www.wowsome.com.my
ZOUK - http://www.zoukclub.com.my